The LST-887 was recommissioned at Astoria, Oregon, 3 November 1950. The commanding officer was LT W.T. BABCOCK, USNR, later promoted to LCDR. She sailed to San Diego between 29 November and 6 December; and following shakedown and training, she departed 21 March 1951 for the Far East. Steaming via Pearl Harbor, she reached Yokosuka, Japan, 26 April and 4 days later began cargo and training runs along the Japanese coast. Early in September she joined the seaborne supply line in support of American forces fighting Communist aggression in South Korea. Between 4 and 14 September, she carried troops and cargo out of Sasebo to Kanghung, South Korea. After completing additional cargo operations among the islands of Kyushu, Honshu and Hokkaido, she again steamed to Korea 21 December. She reached Inchon the 28th, debarked her troops, and during the next 2 weeks operated along the western coast of Korea. She returned to Yokosuka 17 January 1952, then from 10 February to 8 March steamed via Pearl Harbor to San Diego.

LST-887 re-deployed for the WestPac on 25 August 1952. LT. H.E. SPOERL, USN, took command of the ship in September 1952. Upon arriving Yokosuka 8 October, she renewed her logistics duty from Japan to Korea. In December, she departed for Otaru, Hokkaido to carry troops to Pusan. She returned to Yokosuka 23 December. Operating from Yokosuka made many logistic runs between Otaru, Inchon, Sasebo, Koje Do and Cheju Do in support of the 1st Cavalry Division and other Army units.

She departed Yokosuka 18 April for the west coast arriving San Diego 16 May 1953. The ship was scheduled for a resupply mission to the Pribilof Islands in the Bering Sea. These plans were canceled and the ship became part of a effort to move the Third Marine Division to the Far East to counter a suspected North Korean offense. Loaded with Marines and their vehicles the ship sailed on 27 July 1953 on a direct course to Nagoya, Japan. After offloading in Nagoya, she departed to Yokosuka and sailed for the U.S. on 3 September, arriving San Diego 12 October 1953. Following overhaul in Alameda and training, LST-887 again departed to the Far East 27 March 1954, via Kaneohe and Guam and arrived Yokosuka 3 May. During the next 3 months she operated out of Yokosuka supporting various training exercises in Korea, Japan and Okinawa.

LT. J. J. WEIGEL, USN assumed command on 23 July 1954. Departing Japan 17 August 1954, she steamed to Southeast Asia to support the "Passage to Freedom" operations from northern to southern Indochina. Between 30 August and 20 September she made four voyages out of Haiphong to Nha Trang and Tourane, carrying French troops, equipment and civilians. After departing Indochina 26 September, she steamed back to San Diego, arriving there 7 November. In 13 March 1955 LST-887 made another deployment to the Far East. While operating out of Yokosuka, she was named USS Lawrence County, 1 July 1955 at ceremonies taking place in Nagoya, Japan. Training and logistics duty in support of the mighty 7th Fleet sent her from Japan to Okinawa, Hong Kong and the Philippines. In addition, she made periodic runs out of Yokosuka to Sasebo and Nagoya.

On 7 August 1956, a new commanding officer, LT G. M. NEELY, USN took command. On 16 August 1956, the ship deployed to WESTPAC for a 8 month cruise. During this time LAWRENCE COUNTY visited the ports of Yokosuka, Japan; Naha, Okinawa and Hong Kong, BCC, among others. The ship participated in various amphibious operations including exercises at Okinawa and Dingalan Bay in the Philippines Islands. "Operation Beacon Hill", the largest joint Navy - Marine amphibious exercise conducted since World War II, was held during this period. After returning to the United States in 14 May 1957, the ship underwent several training exercises and participated in "OPERATION TRADEWINDS" in the Hawaiian area as well as "Operation Cool Dip" in Kodiak, Alaska.

The Lawrence County continued cargo and training voyages out of San Diego to U.S. Pacific Bases. She returned to Pearl Harbor 6 May 1959 and made passenger and cargo runs to Midway, Wake, Eniwetok, and Ponape. She operated at San Diego until sailing for Astoria, Oregon, 24 February 1960. She arrived the 29th and was decommissioned there 22 March 1960. She was placed in the Columbia Reserve Fleet. In December she was transferred to Indonesia under the Military Assistance Program. In the Indonesian Navy, the ship was renamed Tandjung Nusanixe (LST-1).

LST 887 earned one battle star for World War II and three battle stars, for Korean Service.